Victim Resource Center
Our Victim Services department now offers both an online library and a library site within our Hodac offices with books available for survivors of sexual and domestic violence, stalking, dating violence as well as textbooks specifically for industry professionals.
Hodac's Lending Resource Library Rules
- Books marked "clinical" on website are not available to everyone for check-out.
- You may borrow a book for 30 days, but parts of the collections may have a shorter lending period.
- All borrowers are required to put their name, address, phone number and email address on an index card and place the index card in the box before borrowing a book.
- All borrowers are required to sign out the book they want on the sign out sheet and get the date of return marked in their book.
- Only one book may be checked out at a time
- The book must be presented in the library if borrower wants to extend renewal past two requests.
- Overdue books must be delivered immediately. When the 2nd overdue reminder is sent, the lending rights are suspended until the loan is returned.
- All borrowers are obliged to give notice of change of address, also changes in e-mail address and phone. All borrowers must change their information on their index card as soon as the change occurs.
- Each borrower is responsible for all books that are borrowed in his/her name.
- We expect the books to come back in the same condition they left in. In the event a book gets damaged, borrower simply needs to bring the book to Nicole and explain what happened. If this does not happen, you will lose the right to borrow from the library.
- If these terms are violated, you may lose the right to borrow books.
These books are meant for use on a short-term basis. We welcome anyone to check them out, but there may be more people interested in that book. Because of funds, we only have one copy of most of the books. Please be respectful of others and return your books on time. Thank you so much and enjoy the library!